- 30 min
- 40 min
- 1 brioche burger bun*
- 1 Saputo Cheese Patty
- Mayonnaise, for spreading
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) pesto
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 large Portobello mushroom, without stem
- 1 tomato slice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
*Note: If you can't find brioche buns, then normal burger buns will also work well with this recipe.
- Let the Saputo Cheese Patty rest at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Warm 1 tsp of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Season both sides of the Portobello mushroom with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning it over halfway through. For the BBQ, grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, cook the Saputo Cheese Patty on low-medium heat in a pan or on the BBQ for 3 to 4 minutes a side, until the cheese is golden in color.
- Split the brioche bun and lightly toast on both sides, either in a pan or on the BBQ.
- To assemble the burger, spread the mayonnaise on the bottom halves of the brioche buns. Add the Portobello mushroom on the bottom brioche half and spread over ½ tbsp of pesto. Top with the sliced tomato, lettuce and Saputo Cheese Patty. Spoon over the remaining pesto and top with the other half of the bun.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!