- 30 min
- 40 min
- 1 brioche burger bun*
- 1 Saputo Halloumi Style Grilling Burger Cheese Patty
- Mayonnaise, for spreading
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) pesto
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 large Portobello mushroom, without stem
- 1 tomato slice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
*Note: If you can't find brioche buns, then normal burger buns will also work well with this recipe.
- Let the Saputo Halloumi Style Grilling Burger Cheese patty rest at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Warm 1 tsp of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Season both sides of the Portobello mushroom with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning it over halfway through. For the BBQ, grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, cook the Saputo Halloumi Style Grilling Burger Cheese patty on low-medium heat in a pan or on the BBQ for 3 to 4 minutes a side, until the cheese is golden in color.
- Split the brioche bun and lightly toast on both sides, either in a pan or on the BBQ.
- To assemble the burger, spread the mayonnaise on the bottom halves of the brioche buns. Add the Portobello mushroom on the bottom brioche half and spread over ½ tbsp of pesto. Top with the sliced tomato, lettuce and Saputo Halloumi Style Grilling Burger Cheese patty. Spoon over the remaining pesto and top with the other half of the bun.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!