- 15 min
- 1 hr 15 min
- 55 g (1/4 cup) butter
- 4 yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) flour
- 1 L (4 cups) beef broth
- 250 mL (1 cup) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, grated
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the sliced onions. Combine well. Cover the pan, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10-15 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with salt and brown sugar. Continue cooking uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes, or until the onions have caramelized.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and mix it all together. Increase the heat to medium and add the beef broth. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and let it simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
- Once your soup is ready, transfer it to bowls or ovenproof dishes and generously cover it with grated Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese (about ¼ cup per serving).
- Place the soup in the broiler and cook until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve while hot.
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @jessmegan
get to know our collaborator