Skip to Content
- 25 min
- 1 hr 10 min
Pancetta and Parmesan Pain Perdu
- 180 ml (¾ cup) 15% cooking cream
- 180 ml (¾ cup) milk
- 240 g (2 cups) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 30 ml fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 L (4 cups) stale bread, cubed
- 12 slices pancetta, cut in half
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 125 ml (½ cup) Saputo Parmesan Petals
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a bowl, combine cream, milk, Saputo Mozzarellissima shredded cheese, eggs, and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Add the bread and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, butter and flour a large mould.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the egg mixture, then pour into mould.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until top is golden brown.