- 10 min
- 15 min
- 125 ml (½ cup) pancetta, cubed
- 1 white onion, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) milk
- 1L (4 cups) Saputo Mozzarellissima shredded cheese
- 250 ml (1 cup) Saputo Smoke Flavoured Caciocavallo cheese, shredded
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) Saputo Parmesan shredded cheese
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) cornstarch
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) dry white wine
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Grappa (optional)
Suggestions for sides
- Salami, Figatelli, or other charcuteries
- Cubes of crusty bread
- Sundried tomatoes
- In a pan set over medium heat, cook the pancetta and onion for 5 minutes, stirring often. Set aside.
- Rub a saucepan (or fondue pot) with the garlic clove. Add the milk, set over medium-low heat, and bring to a low simmer.
- Meanwhile, combine all the cheese in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the cornstarch, wine, and Grappa (if using).
- Add the cheese to the hot milk and stir with a wooden spoon until cheese has melted. Add the cornstarch and wine mixture. Stir to combine. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until desired texture is obtained. Add the pancetta and onions. Serve with the sides of your choice.
*Note: keep the fondue hot while eating, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.