Skip to Content
- 20 min
- 45 min
Mozzarellissima Cheese, Spinach, and Tomato Muffins
- 500 ml (2 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 1.25 ml (¼ tsp) baking soda
- 5 ml (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.25 ml (¼ tsp) nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) canned diced tomatoes
- 500 ml (2 cups) baby spinach, chopped
- 430 ml (1 ¾ cups) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, grated
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh thyme, chopped
- Butter and flour 12 muffin moulds. Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, nutmeg, and pepper. Add the tomatoes and combine thoroughly.
- Grate the Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese.
- Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until mixture is smooth. Add the baby spinach, approximately 1 ¼ cups of Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, and thyme. Stir well.
- Divide the batter among the muffin moulds and top with remaining cheese. Bake in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack before serving.