Skip to Content
- 20 min
- 35 min
Zucchini and Ricotta Fritters
- 454 g (1 lb) zucchini (about 3 medium), grated
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 containers of 250 g of Saputo Ricotta di Campagna
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) canola or vegetable oil, as needed
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh chives, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, green onions, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper, Saputo Ricotta di Campagna, eggs, and flour. Stir well.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat until it bubbles, being careful not to let it smoke.
- Add the zucchini batter to the hot oil in mounds of 30 ml (2 tbsp), carefully spreading them to create 3-inch fritters.
- Fry over medium-high heat until golden on both sides, approximately 3 minutes, turning once.
- Strain on a paper towel and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with Greek yogurt and lemon wedges. Garnish with fresh chives.