Skip to Content
- 15 min
- 1 hr 10 min
For the crumble
- 250 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 100 g (1 cup) almond flour
- 50 g (3 tbsp) sugar
- 100 g (1/2 cup) cold butter
- 15 g (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 1 egg, beaten
For the topping
- 1 (400 g) container of Saputo Ricotta di Campagna
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- Zest and juice from 1 orange
- 8 plums, pitted and cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Butter and line a round 25-cm (10-inch) cake mould with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles the texture of sand.
- Add the egg and continue to pulse until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Pour the Saputo Ricotta di Campagna in a bowl. Add the maple syrup, orange zest, and juice. Whisk vigorously until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Place a little more than half the crumble mixture on the bottom of the cake mould and press down to form a crust.
- Pour the Ricotta over top and spread evenly using a spatula.
- Place the plums over the Ricotta.
- Add the remaining crumble on top.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes, or until the crumble is golden and set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool approximately 15 minutes before transferring to a plate.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours or serve warm.