- 20 min
- 45 min
- 3 cups of Saputo shredded Mozzarellissima
- 1/2 cup of Saputo crumbled Feta
- 2 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 box of baby spinach
- 3 cups of assorted brown and shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 a red onion cut into slices
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pie shell of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Sauté garlic and onions until translucent, add mushrooms, dried thyme, and salt. Cook until they release their water. Add baby spinach and cook until water is almost all gone.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine cheeses, milk, eggs, sour cream, nutmeg and pepper. Mix in the mushrooms and spinach mix until incorporated. Pour into pie shell, sprinkle with more Mozzarellissima and bake for about 25 minutes. If the center of the pie is hard to the touch and you can insert a toothpick in and it comes out clean, the tart is done.
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @bluebirdkisses
get to know our collaborator