- 10 min
- 15 min
- In a hot pan, add the olive oil, onions, and red pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cook for 2 minutes, then add the tomato sauce.
- Let simmer over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally (sauce needs to thicken slightly). Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently crack the eggs over the sauce, making sure that the yolks stay intact. Sprinkle the Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese around the eggs.
- Cover and let simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, or until eggs have reached desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with parsley and basil and serve with fried pancetta and grilled ciabatta bread, sliced lengthwise.