- 10 min
- 25 min
- 1 batch fresh pizza dough (how to make the perfect pizza dough)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 2 cups grated Saputo Smoked Caciocavallo
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted & halved
- 1/2 cup sauteed sliced Cremini mushrooms*
- 1/2 cup Saputo Feta cheese, crumbled
- Micro arugula greens, to garnish
*Note: To make the sauteed mushrooms, simply slice them & cook them in a frying pan for 5 minutes with a touch of butter, salt & pepper. It adds more flavour then using raw mushrooms as a topping.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. if using a pizza stone, preheat the oven with the stone placed inside.
- On a floured surface roll out the pizza dough to the desired thickness. Roll it out to a 1/4-inch-thick as the dough rises quite a bit.
- Brush with olive oil & season with salt & pepper.
- Add an even layer of sauce followed by an even layer of the grated Caciocavallo cheese.
- Top with roasted red peppers, olives, mushrooms & Feta.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the crust is cooked throughout & the edges are golden brown.
- Garnish with micro arugula. Slice & serve!
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @modestmarce
get to know our collaborator