- 15 min
- 30 min + chilling time
- 1 loaf challah (egg) bread, cut into 1" squares
- 1 cup (340 g) fresh raspberries
- 1 cup (340 g) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (340 g) fresh blackberries
- 2 cups (475 g) Saputo Ricotta Fiorella
- ½ cup (170 g) sugar
- Zest from ½ lemon
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup milk (250 mL)
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) cinnamon
- Coat a 9"x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine Ricotta Fiorella, sugar and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Add half of your challah (egg) bread to bottom of baking dish and sprinkle with all three berries (reserving a few for topping). Top with Ricotta mixture and spread evenly over berries and challah.
- Cover with remaining challah and press down.
- In a bowl, mix together your eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over the top of your casserole evenly.
- Cover with tin foil, pressing down again to pack everything together.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Bake covered casserole for 30 minutes then remove tin foil and bake for another 30 minutes until tops turn golden and center is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly and sprinkle with powdered sugar, garnish with additional berries and serve with warm maple syrup and a dollop of Ricotta if desired.
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @simplybeautifuleating
get to know our collaborator
"My husband, 3 sons, and two-daughter-in-laws are my biggest critics. I love how they support me but always in an honest and constructive way. Follow me because the best is yet to come." - Debi