- 10 min
- 15 min
- 10-12 waffles
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Saputo Ricotta Fiorella
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp honey, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped, plus more for serving
- 8-10 fresh figs, quartered
- whipped cream, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, Ricotta, milk, eggs, honey & vanilla until smooth.
- Add the Ricotta mixture to the flour mixture & stir until combined. Do not over mix, a few lumps are okay. Fold in the nuts.
- Let batter rest while you preheat the waffle iron. Spray waffle iron & cook according to your waffle iron directions.
- Top with fresh figs, a sprinkle of nuts, a generous drizzle of honey & a dollop of whipped cream.
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @modestmarce
get to know our collaborator
Marcella is a food photographer, recipe developer & stylist from Fonthill, Ontario. She focuses on simple dishes using seasonal ingredients. Marcella is also the creator of the lifestyle blog Hey Modest Marce where she showcases her latest kitchen creations & designs!