- 10 min
- 15 min
- 10-12 waffles
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Saputo Ricotta Fiorella
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp honey, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped, plus more for serving
- 8-10 fresh figs, quartered
- whipped cream, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, Ricotta, milk, eggs, honey & vanilla until smooth.
- Add the Ricotta mixture to the flour mixture & stir until combined. Do not over mix, a few lumps are okay. Fold in the nuts.
- Let batter rest while you preheat the waffle iron. Spray waffle iron & cook according to your waffle iron directions.
- Top with fresh figs, a sprinkle of nuts, a generous drizzle of honey & a dollop of whipped cream.
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @modestmarce
get to know our collaborator