Sausage, Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Shells
- 20 min
- 50 min
- 32 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) of olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Italian sausages, casings removed
- 170 g (1 bag) of spinach, chopped finely
- 400 g (1 container) of Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese
- 180 mL (¾ cup) of Saputo Parmesan cheese
- 2 mL (½ tsp) of sea salt
- 640 mL (1 jar) of store-bought tomato sauce
- Fresh Italian parsley, minced, to serve
- Preheat oven to 205°C (400°F). Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta shells according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- While the shells are cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and Italian sausages. Using a wooden spoon, break up the sausage meat and sauté until fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the sausage mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese, 125 mL (½ cup) of the Saputo Parmesan cheese, and the sea salt, and mix to combine.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the bottom of a large baking dish. Generously fill the cooked shells with the sausage and cheese mixture and set over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining Saputo Parmesan cheese and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is golden. Garnish with Italian parsley and serve.