- 20 min
- 30 min
- 1 package Saputo Doré-Mi Plain Haloumi cheese
- 100 g prosciutto (8 slices), thinly sliced
- 1 lb thick asparagus stalks (about 16), trimmed
For the lemon-basil oil
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) basil, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 230 °C (450 °F).
- Slice the Saputo Doré-Mi Haloumi cheese lengthwise into 16 sticks. Cut the prosciutto slices in half.
- Lay 1 half slice of prosciutto on a working surface. Top with 1 asparagus stalk and 1 Haloumi cheese stick. Roll tightly and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat to wrap all the asparagus.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until prosciutto is crispy, cheese is golden brown and the asparagus are cooked, but not mushy (be careful not to overcook the asparagus). Let rest for a few minutes.
- To make the lemon-basil oil, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Right before serving, drizzle the prosciutto-wrapped asparagus with lemon-basil oil or serve the flavoured oil on the side as a dip.
A recipe inspired by our foodie collaborator, Samantha, from the INGREDIENTS BY SAPUTO x YOU initiative.