- 20 min
- 60 min
- 1/2 pound smoked bacon, diced
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup packed spinach, steam & strained
- 1 1/2 cups artichoke hearts, diced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 cups Saputo Mozzarellissima Natural Shredded Cheese
- 1 cup Saputo Grated Cheese Product with Parmesan
- 1 loaf white country bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F & grease a 9" x 12" baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the bacon & cook until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a bowl until ready to use.
- In the same skillet add the garlic & shallots. Cook until the shallots begin to turn translucent, about 2 minutes. add the spinach & artichokes. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. remove from heat & let cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream & Dijon. season with salt & pepper. Stir in the cheeses, bacon, spinach mixture & bread. Toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish & bake for 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve warm with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese!
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @modestmarce
get to know our collaborator