- 20 min
- 60 min
- 1/2 pound smoked bacon, diced
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup packed spinach, steam & strained
- 1 1/2 cups artichoke hearts, diced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 cups Saputo Mozzarellissima Natural Shredded Cheese
- 1 cup Saputo Grated Cheese Product with Parmesan
- 1 loaf white country bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F & grease a 9" x 12" baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the bacon & cook until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a bowl until ready to use.
- In the same skillet add the garlic & shallots. Cook until the shallots begin to turn translucent, about 2 minutes. add the spinach & artichokes. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. remove from heat & let cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream & Dijon. season with salt & pepper. Stir in the cheeses, bacon, spinach mixture & bread. Toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish & bake for 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve warm with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese!
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @modestmarce
get to know our collaborator
Marcella is a food photographer, recipe developer & stylist from Fonthill, Ontario. She focuses on simple dishes using seasonal ingredients. Marcella is also the creator of the lifestyle blog Hey Modest Marce where she showcases her latest kitchen creations & designs!