Skip to Content
- 20 min
- 45 min
Zucchini, Basil, and Mozzarella Fresca Frittata
- 8 eggs
- 100 g (1 cup) Saputo Mozzarella Fresca cheese, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 green zucchinis, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 leek, white part only, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 6 sundried tomatoes, minced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Butter a 23 cm (9 inch) pie plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the cheese, basil, and the sundried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a cast-iron, oven-safe skillet set over medium heat, sauté the zucchini and leek. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir thoroughly. Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until the frittata is golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold.