- 20 min
- 20 min
- 8 (3 oysters per person)
- 24 oysters (type: Lucky Lime, Raspberry Point, Malpeque)
- 170 g (6 oz) of Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, grated
- 500 mL (2 cups) arugula, chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of Sambuca liqueur (white)
- 250 mL (1 cup) 35% cream
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of Saputo Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Tip: Adding Sambuca to the oysters, gives them a light liquorice taste. The sauce can be made the day before and kept in the fridge.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped shallot and garlic and sweat gently, making sure they do not brown.
- Deglaze the saucepan with Sambuca making sure to take the saucepan off the burner for security reasons.
- If a flame appears wait till it is out, then place saucepan on the burner and add the cream. Simmer for a couple of minutes until cream reduces by half.
- Add the arugula, turn off burner and stir to wilt the leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Saputo Parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Preheat the oven on broil. Open the oysters and add 1 tablespoon of sauce on each oyster. Place the oysters on a baking sheet and sprinkle some Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese on top.
- Put under the broil until the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve on a bed of coarse salt or crushed ice with lemon slices.