- 12 min
- 15 min
- 16 skewers
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 16 cubes of ciabatta bread
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 200 g (1 container) Saputo Mini Bocconcini cheese, halved
- 16 grape tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- In a skillet, heat the garlic in the oil for 10 minutes over low heat to flavour the oil. Add the bread cubes, tossing well to coat with oil. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turning once, until crisp and lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Thread 1 bread cube, 1 piece of cheese and 1 tomato on a small wooden skewer and place on the baking sheet. Continue until all the ingredients have been used. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 2 minutes or until the cheese is barely melted.
Tip: Instead of tomatoes or croutons, use cubes of eggplant that have been sautéed and coated with dried tomato pesto. Instead of Mini Bocconcini cheese, use Cocktail Bocconcini.