Skip to Content
- 25 min
- 1 hr 25 min
- 8 - 10
- 2 containers (400 g each) Saputo Ricotta di Campagna
- 250 ml (1 cup) icing sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cornstarch
- 4 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- Zest from 1 lemon, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) turmeric
- Icing sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 165°C (325°F). Butter and flour a 20 cm (8 inch) springform pan.
- In a bowl, use a rubber spatula to combine the Ricotta, icing sugar, flour, cornstarch, egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and turmeric. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric beater until stiff peaks form. Using the spatula, gently fold the meringue into the Ricotta mixture.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and bake in the oven for approximately 60 minutes.
- Let the cake cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, unmould the cake and dust with icing sugar.