Skip to Content
- 20 min
- 22 min
- 4 sandwiches
- 4 mL (3 tbsp) green olive tapenade
- Lemon zest (from 2 lemons), finely grated
- 2 anchovies, drained and minced
- 8 slices of country bread, 1 cm (1/2 in) thick
- Olive oil
- 400 g (2 packages) Saputo Mozzarella Fresca
- 115 g (1/4 lb) deli meat of your choice
- 115 g (1/4 lb) prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) basil pesto
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the tapenade with the lemon zest and anchovies. Set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue grill.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with olive oil and place oiled side down on the grill to toast that side only. Remove from grill and cool.
- Place 4 slices of bread on a work surface, toasted side down. Spread some tapenade on each slice of bread.
- Drain the Saputo Mozzarella Fresca and cut into 0.5 cm (1/4 in) slices.
- Arrange the cheese slices over the bread and dab with pesto. Top with deli meat and prosciutto.
- Drizzle the untoasted side of the remaining 4 slices of bread with a little vinegar and place on top of the meat to create sandwiches.
- Cut in half before serving.