- 25 min
- 32 min
- 6 - 8
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) extra-virgin olive oil 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 batch pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) pesto, homemade or store-bought
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin ribbons
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 container (200 g) Saputo Cocktail Bocconcini, drained, with each Bocconcini sliced in half
- Fresh basil leaves, as garnish
- Set a pizza stone onto the bottom oven rack. Preheat the oven to 260 °C (500 °F) for at least an hour so the stone is thoroughly heated.*
- Pour the olive oil in a small bowl, then smash the garlic clove and add to the oil. Let rest for at least 30 minutes to infuse.
- Divide the pizza dough into two portions. With floured hands, press down and gently stretch each ball of dough into 25 cm (10 in) circles. Set the prepared pizza crusts onto squares of parchment paper. Generously brush each crust with garlic-infused olive oil, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Carefully slide one of the pizzas (with the parchment paper) onto the heated pizza stone. Bake for 7 minutes or until the pizza crust is golden brown. Remove and bake the second pizza following the same instructions. Let both pizza crusts cool for a few minutes.
- Spread each pizza with pesto, then garnish with baby spinach, zucchini ribbons, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper and red onion. Top with halved Saputo Cocktail Bocconcini. Generously drizzle with garlic-infused olive oil, then season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired, and serve.
*Note: instead of the oven, opt for setting the pizza stone on the BBQ. Will taste just as great!