- 30 min
- 40 min
- Take garlic head and wrap in tin foil. Place in 400°F oven and roast until the garlic cloves are a softened and can be squeezed out.
- In a small pot or pan over low heat, melt the butter with thyme, and lemon juice.
- Add in roasted garlic and incorporate in pot with whisk until garlic is completely melted in.
- In small mixing bowl, grate the Friulano cheese with the large-holed side of a box grater. Mix together Saputo Very Fine Shredded Parmesan, Saputo Friulano, and chopped parsley.
- Take ciabatta slices and brush with the roasted garlic butter.
- Toast in oven at 350°F until you reach a golden brown colour. Remove from oven and top with the grated Saputo cheese mixture.
- Switch oven to broiler at the lowest setting.
- Place garlic bread back in oven until cheese is golden brown.
A recipe developed by our chef collaborator @rob_gentile
get to know our chef collaborator
Rob Gentile @rob_gentile
Over the years, Chef Rob Gentile has made his mark on the Canadian culinary scene by developing a refined and professional approach to Italian-inspired cuisine. As the Chef of the critically acclaimed Buca restaurants, he has created a welcoming and creative culinary program with strong appreciation for seasonal ingredients and classic technique. His restaurants have garnered a notable following and earned critical acclaim as some of the best in the country and Torontonians can hardly wait to see what Chef Rob Gentile has to offer next.