Skip to Content
- 20 min
- 30 min
Chicken Parmigiana Burgers
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into half-cutlets
- 250 mL (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 250 mL (1 cup) Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 L (4 cups) canola oil
- 250 mL (1 cup) Neapolitan-style sauce
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) Saputo Very Fine Shredded Asiago Cheese
- 4 slices of Saputo Lite sliced Mozzarellissima
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) fresh basil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 250 mL (1 cup) arugula, washed and dried
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- On a working surface, dip chicken cutlets in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan set over medium heat. Add cutlets and let cook 2-3 minutes each side then place on oven-safe baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top each breaded half-cutlet with Neapolitan-style sauce, Saputo Very Fine Shredded Asiago cheese, and one slice of Saputo Mozzarellissima Cheese. Cook in the centre of the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and basil. Set aside.
- Spread mayonnaise and basil mixture onto buns and top with 2 half-cutlets each. Garnish with arugula. Serve.