- 15 min
- 50 min
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, bone in & skin on
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & diced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) low sodium chicken stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp capers
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted & halved
- 100g Saputo very fine shredded Asiago cheese, plus more for serving
- fresh thyme or parsley, to garnish
- Season the chicken thighs with salt & pepper. Roll each piece in flour & shake off to remove any excess flour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the olive oil. Once heated add the chicken pieces to the pan. Cook for three minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate & set aside until ready to use.
- In the same skillet add the garlic, pepper, onion, carrot, mushrooms & oregano. Season with salt & pepper. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine & simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, diced tomatoes, capers & olives. Stir until combined.
- Add the chicken thighs back to the pan & bring sauce to a simmer.
- Turn heat down to medium-low & continue cooking for an additional 25 minutes.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from heat & stir in the Asiago cheese.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh herbs & additional Asiago cheese.
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @modestmarce
get to know our collaborator
Marcella is a food photographer, recipe developer & stylist from Fonthill, Ontario. She focuses on simple dishes using seasonal ingredients. Marcella is also the creator of the lifestyle blog Hey Modest Marce where she showcases her latest kitchen creations & designs!