- 20 min
- 30 min
For the Teriyaki sauce
- 250 mL (1 cup) of water
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of soy sauce
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of brown sugar, packed
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) of honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 mL (1 tsp) of grated fresh ginger
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) of sea salt
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper (optional)
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) of cornstarch whisked into 30 mL (2 tbsp) of water
For the Nachos
- 1 roasted chicken, meat removed from the bones and diced
- 1 bag of tortilla chips (about 275 g)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 500 mL (2 cups) of Saputo Triple Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 250 mL (1 cup) of shredded red or green cabbage
- 2 green onions, minced
- 4 to 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime
- Sriracha sauce
For the teriyaki sauce
- In a small saucepan, whisk the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, garlic, ginger, salt, and Cayenne pepper together. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Whisk in the cornstarch-water mixture and bring back to a simmer, whisking constantly. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more, until the sauce is thick. Transfer the sauce to a jar and set aside.
For the nachos
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the diced chicken with half of the teriyaki sauce.
- Spread half of the tortilla chips over the prepared baking sheet. Distribute half of the garnishes over the chips: chicken, bell pepper, Saputo Triple Cheddar Shredded Cheese, cabbage, and green onion. Cover with the second half of the tortilla chips, then top with the remaining garnishes. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Garnish the nachos with radishes, cucumber, avocado, sour cream, and fresh coriander. Drizzle with teriyaki sauce and serve with lime wedges and Sriracha sauce, to taste. Serve immediately.