Skip to Content
- 20 min
- 45 min
- 4 to 6
Summer Vegetable and Tomato Pizza
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 250 g (1/2 lb) store-bought pizza dough
- 250 mL (1 cup) basil pesto
- 750 mL (3 cups) Saputo Lite Mozzarellissima shredded cheese
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) toasted pine nuts
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 500 mL (2 cups) sliced tomatoes
- ½ yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- Fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 225°C (450°F).
- Season the zucchini slices with salt and pepper and sauté them quickly in olive oil. Set aside.
- Roll the pizza dough out on a floured surface into two 30 cm (12 in) circles and place each on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread ½ cup of pesto onto each pizza dough leaving a ½ inch border. Evenly sprinkle each pizza dough with Mozzarellissima shredded cheese, pine nuts, sliced fennel, sliced pepper and sliced zucchini.
- Bake the pizzas in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Garnish with the sliced tomatoes, a dash of salt and fresh thyme.