Skip to Content
- 15 min
- 25 min
Ricotta Pancakes with Caramelized Apples
- 4 medium apples, unpeeled, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) icing sugar
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) 35% whipping cream
- 400 g (400 ml / 1 2/3 cups) Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) flour
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 egg whites
- Sufficient quantity, unsalted butter
- In a bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice.
- In a small saucepan, cook the sugar until it is caramelized and golden.
- Add the apples and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cream and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve at room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine the Ricotta, egg yolks and milk.Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gently fold them into the ricotta batter.
- In a skillet, melt some butter and add 45 ml (3 tbsp) of the pancake batter. Cook a few minutes until golden on each side.
- Top the pancakes with the caramelized apples and serve immediately with the toppings!