- 40 min
- 60 min
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 kg (2 lb) ground pork
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 796-mL (2 x 28 oz) cans of whole Italian tomatoes
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) tomato paste
- 4 dried tomatoes, diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) dry oregano
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) dried thyme
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) Cayenne flakes
- 5 mL (1 tsp) fennel seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 475 g (1 container) Saputo Fiorella Ricotta cheese
- Saputo grated Parmesan cheese
- Basil (fresh or dried)
- Salt and pepper
Pasta and Cheeses
- In a pot, heat the oil on high and brown the ground pork for 5 minutes. Salt.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, pepper and carrot. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, dried tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. Reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes. Crush the whole tomatoes and stir from time to time.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a large pot, boil the pasta to al dente. Rinse the pasta with cold water and coat lightly with oil. Set aside on a dishcloth.
- Lay each sheet out in a lasagna pan, add the filling, then roll.
- Pour the meat sauce over the rolls and cover with Mozzarellissima and Parmesan cheese.
- Decorate with basil leaves.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes.
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @priscillaventurablog