- 25 min
- 2 pizzas
For the pizza dough (see note)
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) warm water
- 10 mL (2 tsp) sugar
- 7 mL (1½ tsp) active dry yeast
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sea salt
- 430 mL (1 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
For the toppings
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm water and sugar. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and sugar mixture and let rest, without mixing, for 5 minutes. Using a fork, stir in the olive oil and sea salt. Add 250 mL (1 cup) of the flour and stir until the mixture is sticky. Add 125 mL (1/2 cup) of the flour and knead to incorporate. Transfer the dough onto a floured work surface and knead the remaining 60 mL (1/4 cup) of the flour into the dough. Knead for 5 to 7 minutes, until the flour is fully incorporated and the dough is smooth (sprinkle with a bit more flour if the dough becomes sticky during the process). Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 60 minutes.
- Oil the grate of a barbecue and preheat to high. Grill the sausages and ears of corn until cooked through. Let cool for a few minutes, then slice the sausages and remove the corn kernels from their cobs. Set aside.
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of your oven. Preheat the oven to 260 °C (500 °F) for at least one hour to thoroughly heat the stone.
- Divide the pizza dough into two portions. With floured hands, press down and gently stretch each ball of dough into a 25-cm (10-in) circle. Place the prepared pizza crusts onto squares of parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the pesto and minced garlic. Brush each pizza crust with pesto, then top with pieces of cheese, sliced sausage and corn.
- Carefully slide one of the pizzas (with the parchment paper) onto the heated pizza stone. Bake for 7 minutes, or until the pizza is golden brown. Remove and bake the second pizza following the same instructions.
- Garnish the pizzas with fresh thyme and serve immediately.
Note: Use store-bought pizza dough to make this recipe quickly and effortlessly.