- 25 min
- 35 min
- 24 slices baguette (scant 1/2-inch/1 cm thick)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb (250 g) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb (250 g) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup (250 mL) Saputo very fine shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- Brush both sides of bread with 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil. Arrange slices on baking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden and toasted; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook cremini and shiitake mushrooms, salt and shallots for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in balsamic vinegar; cook for 1 minute.
- Arrange mushroom mixture on top of baguette slices. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese, tarragon and hot pepper flakes.
- Add chopped roasted red peppers, if desired.
- Substitute a dash of chili oil for the hot pepper flakes, if desired.