Skip to Content
- 15 min
- 15 min
Marinated Bocconcini, Cantaloupe and Parma Ham Salad
To marinate the Bocconcini
1 container (200 g) Saputo cocktail Bocconcini cheese
- ¾ cup (180 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest from half a lemon
- Fresh basil and thyme leaves, chopped, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad
- Marinated Bocconcini cheese
- ArugulaCantaloupe, sliced
- Parma ham
- Fresh basil and thyme leaves
To make the marinated Bocconcini cheese
Combine the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, garlic, lemon zest, basil, thyme, a pinch of salt and some pepper in a container you can close with a lid.
- Add the cocktail Bocconcini cheese and toss to coat with the marinade ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or preferably overnight for the flavours to infuse.
To make the salad
Spread a few handfuls of arugula on a large serving plate.
- Top with cantaloupe slices, Parma ham, and drained Bocconcini cheese.
- Drizzle some of the cheese marinade over the salad as dressing, then finish with fresh basil and thyme leaves. Serve immediately.