- 20 min
- 35 min
- Approximately 24 doughnuts
- 300 mL (1¼ cups) all-purpose flour
- 10 mL (2 tsp) baking powder
- 60 mL (¼ cup) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 225 g (1 cup) Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 L (4 cups) vegetable oil
- 200 g 70% dark chocolate
- 125 mL (½ cup) 35% cream
- 125 mL (½ cup) milk
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) golden corn syrup
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) vanilla extract
- Prepare the doughnut dough. Sift the flour and baking powder together in a medium-sized bowl. Add the sugar, eggs, Ricotta cheese, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat the mixture thoroughly until it becomes smooth.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Using a teaspoon (15 mL), form small balls of dough and drop them gently into the oil. Deep-fry for around 3 minutes per side, or until the doughnuts become golden. Place the doughnuts on paper towel to dry.
- Prepare the chocolate sauce by melting all ingredients in a double-boiler, stirring continuously until the mixture becomes smooth and shiny.
- Let the doughnuts cool for around 5 minutes before serving with chocolate sauce.