- 5 min
- 15 min
- 8 beets, cleaned, unpeeled
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 170 g (1 container) Saputo Sundried Tomatoes Feta cheese
- 30 ml (2 tbsp)freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) garam masala*
*Garam masala is a blend of ground spices that originated in northern India but is now used throughout the sub-continent and beyond. Most commonly, it contains cinnamon, clove, bay leaf, cardamom, black pepper, fennel seed, cumin, coriander and mace, all roasted and ground into a powder.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Slice the beets 0.5 cm (1/4 in) thick and toss them with 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil.
- Grill the beets on both sides until cooked to your taste.
- Arrange the grilled beets on a large platter. Crumble the Fetos cheese over them, sprinkle with lemon juice and the remaining olive oil, and dust with garam masala.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: If you can't find garam masala, dust the salad lightly with some powdered cinnamon and a pinch of ground cloves, or you can omit the spices all together. It will still be delicious!