- 20 min
- 30 min
- 16 bars
- 500 ml (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, in cubes
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 200 g (2 cups) Saputo Triple Cheddar shredded cheese
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) water
- 250 ml (1 cup) apple jelly
- 45 g (3 tbsp) chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, cheese and water until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press half the dough into a 22 cm (9 in) square pan. Spread the apple jelly over the top.
- Stir the pistachios into the remaining dough and spread evenly over the apple jelly, pressing gently.
- Bake on the middle rack for 30 minutes.
- Cool on the counter before cutting into bars.
Tip: Trying to eat less meat? Cheddar, with its complete proteins and high calcium content, is an excellent nutritional option. Pistachios are a good source of unsaturated fat.